Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bienvenue! Benvenuto! Willkommen! Welcome!


Dear Adventurer,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I would like to prepare you for the Edgar Font adventure series with the tale of its origin.

Two years ago I bought a beautiful, old house with a rich history. It still needs some fixing up and there are rooms in the upper floors that could use a good cleaning, but it was exactly what I was looking for. There is a fantastic library full of books, a beautiful fountain in the backyard, countless secret passageways that lead from one room to another (great for playing tricks on my friends when they visit), and a very special and playful ghost that haunts its halls.

I was exploring the attic during my first week in the house, and discovered a hidden room—a small office. In it was a large desk that had on it countless artifacts from all over the world. The walls were covered with old maps, framed fossils, and photographs of a Mr. Edgar Font at places like Stonehenge, Easter Island, and the Great Wall of China. But what I found most interesting was an old leather bag on top of a beautiful chess board. There was a hole in the front flap of the bag, and inside was a leather-bound journal. The pages were full of pencil drawings and the amazing adventures had by, Audrey and Garrett during a Summer with their grandfather, Mr. Font.

Soon, the first of their many adventures will be released*. It tells of the ghosts, traps, and puzzles that challenged them inside The Castle Tower Lighthouse. I have included with all the stories, to help you understand the clues and mysteries that they uncovered, the actual sketches from the journal. All were drawn by Garrett Font as they explored the many houses all over the world.

I proudly present the stories of Edgar, Audrey, and Garrett Font with the hope that you enjoy them, share it with your friends, and make every day of your life an adventure.

Your friend & storyteller,
Patrick


* Adventure One: The Castle Tower Lighthouse, in the Patrick Doyle presents, EDGAR FONT'S Hunt for a House to Haunt will be available at www.edgarfont.com and major online bookstores in mid-June, 2006. Check this site from time to time for updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home